Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A new year in Tennessee



Whats sup! long time no see! man transfers were kra-crazy. so Elder Bluth is training we found that out at the transfer meeting ha!  I am follow up training Elder Petersen yup he has the same name has the president!   what is follow up training you may ask its when a missionary of 12 weeks gets a new companion who makes sure he knows whats what. my new area is a little branch called Trenton in good old Tennesse. 


Elder Petersen is a good kid from Utah who knows his stuff. I feel like we are going to do great here.   There is us and another set of Elders here. all four of us live in a town called Humboldt. its kind of a ghetto and I know that this is where The Lord needs me! Man I missed Paragould at first and I still kind of do . When I got the transfer call I did not want to leave. I thought why is this happing? why am I leaving?  I asked God why was I being transferred I felt scared and angry. Then I got an answer that said READ JOSHUA. I thought Joshua ok don't know why but I will do it. So I went to Joshua chapter one and strated reading.   In there it was talking about Joshua and how he was called to be prophet after Moses. and I came across verse 9 that said "have I not called thee? be strong and of good courage for I am with thee wherever you go"


 That got me thinking that God has called me to serve and to go about His work and I should always have the come what may and love it attitude. Because He's got my back and He will not let me down as long as I trust in him.   So the four of us r thinking of ways we can spark the work here in the Trenton branch. I feel like the answer is dancing right in front of us but we can't seem to pin it down! the members are very interesteading but they are very strong in the faith  well I will see if I can put a pic in here some how. sorry dumb computer wont let me put pics in here. Dang it bobby! Y'alls have a great day.Yours from the south/Bible Belt Elder (Ryan) Duron

No comments:

Post a Comment