Monday, September 2, 2013

From first area-Cabot Arkansas


WOW. I'm here in Cabot Arkansas. My trainer is elder Chapman. He is a really good missionary. I have learned so much from him already. The ward and the people here are awesome. And I already have some crazy mission stories.
    So listen up-heres a story about Elder Chapman. He is from southern Cali, been here 10 months, and he has been hit by a car not once or twice but three times. He is a great missionary though, who knows the power of prayer. I know I have alot to learn from him.
   Cabot is amazing. The members are a great example of every member a missionary. They are also ready to serve when asked as well. On Sunday we saw that we did not have anyone signed up for dinner for the next ten days, so we gave our list to the RS president before sacrament meeting, and after it was over the whole month was full (even that night).
   Arkansas is flat, meaning acres of farm land. With that there are a lot of farmers and other people who live on the land. Like we were talking to this man named Billy my first day here and the first question I was asked as a missionary was "does Arizona have guns?". But after talking to Billy he reffered us to a man named Jackie. It turns out that Jackie owns a junk yard\barn yard with all kinds of animals chickens, turkeys, peacocks, horses, geese, doves, cats, goats,and a pig the size of my bike. Man it was huge, Jackie said he uses it like a guard dog.
   So anyway we were able to give Jackie a Book of Mormon, and plan to visit again. Also we have 6 people preparing to be bapitized this month.
  Talk to you again soon.
Love you guys.
from Elder Duron


No comments:

Post a Comment